General Writing IELTS task 1 - Writing Letter

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
krishmba06

General Writing IELTS task 1 - Writing Letter

Post by krishmba06 »

Q :- You just bought a new house and are planning a party to celebrate. Write a letter to a friend inviting him or her to the party; In your letter explain 1) the reason for the party ; 2) tell when and where the party will take place 3) Describe somethings that will happen at the party.

Answer by me :-
Hi Matt,
I am happy to inform you that I have finally managed to buy a new house in the same locality where I currently live in an rented house. I am throwing an party to all my friends to share this ecstatic moment and I would like to invite you as well.
I am hosting this party around 7 PM on 04th of July at the new house. The address of my property is 2 alpha garden. The property is situated opposite to the famous school "St. Joseph". You can reach this place easily by driving through the outer ring road and then taking the 4th main.
I have also made arrangements to make this evening a memorable one for everyone. We start the party at 07:00 PM with a sumptuous dinner. We then have an all night dance floor open for all of our guests. Mr. Bradley the famous DJ will be organising this dance event.
So be there with your wife and little ones and enjoy the party to the fullest. Hoping to see you at the party..
Bye..
SpeakWriteAcademy

Re: General Writing IELTS task 1 - Writing Letter

Post by SpeakWriteAcademy »

Hi there,

That's a good letter. A few minor points for your attention:
- a vs an. For example: "an rented house", "throwing an party"
- Consistent of information. Do we start at 7pm on the dot or around that time? For example: "party around 7 PM", "We start the party at 07:00 PM"
- 'Bye' seems like a strange way to end a letter. I would suggest "Regards" or "See you soon" ...etc.

Keep practising, keep trying, and you will keep on improving!
-----
Jim Chuang
Lead Instructor of The Speaking and writing Academy ("TSA")
Email: speakwriteacademy@hotmail.com
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Re: General Writing IELTS task 1 - Writing Letter

Post by Flick »

krishmba06 wrote:Q :- You just bought a new house and are planning a party to celebrate. Write a letter to a friend inviting him or her to the party; In your letter explain 1) the reason for the party ; 2) tell when and where the party will take place 3) Describe somethings that will happen at the party.

Answer by me :-
Dear Matt,

I am happy to inform you that I have finally managed to buy a new house in the same area where I currently live in a rented house. I am throwing a party for all my friends to share this ecstatic moment and I would like to invite you as well.

The party will start around 7pm on the 4th of July at the new house. The address of my property is 2 Alpha Garden. The property is situated opposite the famous school "St. Joseph". You can find it easily by driving through the outer ring road and then taking the 4th main.

I have also made arrangements to make this evening a memorable one for everyone. We start the party at 7pm with a sumptuous dinner. We then have an all night dance floor open for all of our guests. Mr. Bradley, the famous DJ, will be organising this dance event.

So be there with your wife and little ones and enjoy the party to the fullest. Hoping to see you at the party.
Krish.