Having lecture in lecture hall vs Ilecture. Which one is better?

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
han4

Having lecture in lecture hall vs Ilecture. Which one is better?

Post by han4 »

Essay Question:
Giving lectures in auditoriums to large numbers of students is an old way of teaching. With the technology available today there is no justification for it, and everything should be done online. To what extent do you agree or disagree? Give your own opinion.

My attempt:
The immerse advance in technology has allowed students to self-study with the provided online materials and recording at their own pace. This raises a debate among the society on whether educators should provide lectures in theater as there is no justification for this type education approach given that the students can accomplish their course of learning through online. In my opinion, I believe the traditional method of having lectures in an auditorium should be retained as it provides a good learning environment and helps to discipline the students’ study habits.

To begin with, lectures provide a good environment for learning. Students tend to be more focus and engage in the lecture settings as the as the hall will be surrounded with people that are paying attention which make it hard for the students to get distracted. Moreover, students can also participate by addressing their problems with the topics taught to the tutor spontaneously. Thus, being able to go over their problems with the teachers without delay will helps them to understand the whole lesson smoothly as the subjects in a session are always interrelated. As this shows, providing lecture in hall can help students to learn effectively.

Secondly, lectures were appreciated as a way to provide students with discipline for learning by providing an external motivation to maintain a structured study schedule. The imposed schedule supported good study habits such that students more easily kept pace with the material throughout the semester. Online lecture alone requires a level of self-regulation to schedule viewing of the lectures: that making the decision to turn on the computer and watch the recorded lecture can take more discipline than turning up to the lecture. If using this approach alone, students would be more tempted to procrastinate until the study period before exams, when a backlog can be overwhelming.

As a conclusion, giving lectures in theater is very vital in the education world as it provides a good learning setting and develops the students’ study practice. It is hoped that this traditional teaching method can continuously implement so that every individuals can benefit from this educating approach.

Please rate and comment on my errors in this essay. I am trying to improve my writing skills, so will be greatly appreciate if someone can provide some corrections and advice.

Thank you!
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Re: Having lecture in lecture hall vs Ilecture. Which one is better?

Post by Flick »

han4 wrote:Essay Question:
Giving lectures in auditoriums to large numbers of students is an old way of teaching. With the technology available today there is no justification for it, and everything should be done online. To what extent do you agree or disagree? Give your own opinion.

My attempt:
The immense advance in technology has allowed students to self-study with provided online materials at their own pace. This raises a debate among society on whether educators should provide lectures in theaters, as there is no justification for this type of educational approach given that the students can accomplish their course of learning online. In my opinion, I believe the traditional method of having lectures in an auditorium should be retained as it provides a good learning environment and helps to discipline the students’ study habits.

To begin with, lectures provide a good environment for learning. Students tend to be more focused and engaged in the lecture setting as they are surrounded by people that are paying attention, which makes it hard for the students to get distracted. Moreover, students can also participate by addressing their problems with the topics taught with the tutor spontaneously. Thus, being able to go over their problems with the teachers without delay helps them to understand the whole lesson smoothly as the subjects in a session are always interrelated. As this shows, providing lectures in a hall can help students to learn effectively.

Secondly, lectures are appreciated as a way to provide students with discipline for learning by providing an external motivation to maintain a structured study schedule. The imposed schedule supports good study habits such that students can more easily keep pace with the material throughout the semester. Online lectures alone require a level of self-regulation to schedule viewing of the lectures that making the decision to turn on the computer and watch the recorded lecture can take more discipline than turning up to the lecture. If using this approach alone, students would be more tempted to procrastinate until the study period before exams, when a backlog can be overwhelming.

As a conclusion, giving lectures in theaters is vital in the educational world as it provides a good learning setting and develops the students’ study practices. It is hoped that this traditional teaching method is continued so that every individual can benefit from this approach.