Please evaluate the writing task 1 (GT)

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
faruk079

Please evaluate the writing task 1 (GT)

Post by faruk079 »

A friend you met last year has invited you to visit them in their country.
You have never been there before and need some information before you leave.
Write a letter to your friend. In your letter
• request advice about a gift for his/her family
• ask about activities and clothing
• find out about the food
• You should write at least 150 words.
• Allow yourself 15 minutes for this task.
• you do NOT need to write your own address.

Answer:
Dear Robert,
I hope this letter finds you and your family in good health by the grace of Almighty. I am very much pleased to inform you that I am going to visit your country in the next month with reference to your invitation in the previous year. I was hoping you could share some information regarding this with me.
Firstly, I would love to take some gifts for your family. As I am not introduced with your family yet, I don’t have any ideas about their choices. Would you please tell me about their likings? Furthermore, please let me know what you will like as well.
Secondly, please let me know concerning the entertainment activities which might be enjoyed and the types of clothes which I ought to bring with me. Finally, I would be grateful to you if you could share about foods in your area. However, I hope that there would be sufficient restaurants to get healthy and delicious Chinese foods as I am keen on it while I am outside of my home.
I am awaiting your prompt reply.
Hope to see you soon,
Faruqe Ahmed
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Re: Please evaluate the writing task 1 (GT)

Post by Flick »

faruk079 wrote:A friend you met last year has invited you to visit them in their country.
You have never been there before and need some information before you leave.
Write a letter to your friend. In your letter
• request advice about a gift for his/her family
• ask about activities and clothing
• find out about the food
• You should write at least 150 words.
• Allow yourself 15 minutes for this task.
• you do NOT need to write your own address.

Answer:
Dear Robert,

I hope this letter finds you and your family in good health by the grace of Almighty. I am very pleased to inform you that I am going to visit your country in the next month with reference to your invitation in the previous year.(<--Reword to: "Thank you for your invitation to visit you in your country. I am very pleased to accept.") I was hoping you could share some information regarding this with me.

Firstly, I would love to bring some gifts for your family. As I have not met your family yet, I don’t have any ideas about their choices. Would you please tell me about their preferences? Furthermore, please let me know what you would like as well.

Secondly, please let me know if there are some fun activities we can do, and the types of clothes which I ought to bring with me. Finally, I would be grateful to you if you could tell me about your local foods. I hope that there are sufficient restaurants to get healthy and delicious Chinese foods as I am keen to try it while I am visiting you.

Hope to see you soon,
Faruqe Ahmed