GENERAL WRITING 1 - Band 8 assessment required

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
faty

GENERAL WRITING 1 - Band 8 assessment required

Post by faty »

Finding it hard to remember important facts and figures? Improve your memory in 10 weeks with our Memory Course. Places are limited and the course is available for only a short time.

Apply in writing to:

You see the above advertisement for a course designed to help improve your memory. Write a letter to the organiser of the course. In the letter

give some background information about yourself
explain your own problems and why you would like to do the course
inquire about the methods used on the course
inquire about course fees and dates

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Dear Sir,
I am writing this letter to fetch some information regarding an advertisement recently posted on your website regarding a memory course. I superficially know of the schedule and neural exercise you are offering, but I would like to have an insight of the course.

I am working as a project engineer in a reputable firm for five years. The job is rewarding and I have also been recently promoted to a senior position after years of hard work. However, I am considerate about my health now and feel that I am having trouble with memorizing things in general.

At first, I tried out different yoga techniques to gain concentration. It helped in relieving my brain nerves to an extent and found myself energetic. But the persisting issue of forgetting daily chores has now become a part of my life.

With great success comes great responsibility, and I don't want to sacrifice my job at the cost of memory. I would like to know about course fee and any discounts that you offer for early registration. Also, if you could please provide what methods you will be using apart from mind teasers during the class. I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours sincerely,
Faty