plz evalute my essay - aim is 7

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
jaypatel

plz evalute my essay - aim is 7

Post by jaypatel »

Some people believe that studying literature is important for individual character building while others think it is a waste of time. Discuss both points of view and provide your own opinion.

It is sometimes argued that literature learning is the most effective way to build valued personals. Personally, I totally agree with this view.

On the one hand, I can understand why some people think that learning literature is nothing but a waste of time. The argument in favor of this thinking is that it is often found that even well educated persons behave improperly and break the law and order. Those who commit financial crimes are often found to be well qualified and intelligent personals. For example, the main culprits of recent global recession in 2008 were few financial firm's chief operating officers who did not mind to oversight the norms and regulatory advisories. Therefore, there is no connection between moral ethics and knowledge of literacy.

On the other side, In my view literature has a positive impact on our minds. Religious books and epics have been remained source of great human values and ethics which are considered basics of character. Some of the books like Bhagavat Gita, Ramayana and Mahabharat have a common message to mankind that you are the responsible for what happens to you and all the power of the world is within individual. It spreads a message of brotherhood, honesty, dignity and respect to all lives and animals. Such literature not only motivate people to follow the right path but also inspire to lead others and guide them.

In conclusion, it seems to be that there are more convincing reasons to believe that building of a strong character is possible only by following instructions written in epic literature.
Dr.Matthew

Re: plz evalute my essay - aim is 7

Post by Dr.Matthew »

It is sometimes argued that literature learning is the most effective way to build valued personals. Personally, I totally agree with this view.

On the one hand, I can understand why some people think that learning literature is nothing but a waste of time. The argument in favor of this thinking is that it is often found that even well educated persons behave improperly and break the law and order. Those who commit financial crimes are often found to be well qualified and intelligent personals. For example, the main culprits of recent global recession in 2008 were few financial firm's chief operating officers who did not mind to oversight the norms and regulatory advisories. Therefore, there is no connection between moral ethics and knowledge of literacy.

On the other side, In my view literature has a positive impact on our minds. Religious books and epics have been remained source of great human values and ethics which are considered basics of character. Some of the books like Bhagavat Gita, Ramayana and Mahabharat have a common message to mankind that you are the responsible for what happens to you and all the power of the world is within individual. It spreads a message of brotherhood, honesty, dignity and respect to all lives and animals. Such literature not only motivate people to follow the right path but also inspire to lead others and guide them.

In conclusion, it seems to be that there are more convincing reasons to believe that building of a strong character is possible only by following instructions written in epic literature.

THERE ARE SOME EXCELLENT ELEMENTS HERE...NICE CONTINUITY AND GENERALLY THE FORMS OF YOUR SENTENCES ARE NATURAL. STYLISTICALLY, I THINK YOU ARE A GOOD WRITER AND THE BASIC CONTENT OF THE ESSAY IS GOOD. WOULD YOU GET A SEVEN? VERY CLOSE IMO. THERE ARE 4 0R 5 TECHNICAL ERRORS (GRAMMAR + MISSING ARTICLES + APOSTROPHE PLACEMENT] AND AT LEAST ONE USAGE/VOCAB PROBLEMS ('PERSONALS'). THESE WERE THE MAIN ISSUES FOR ME.
jaypatel

Re: plz evalute my essay - aim is 7

Post by jaypatel »

Thank you Dr.Matt for correcting my essay. :)