You and your family are living in rented accommodation...

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
designerdxb

You and your family are living in rented accommodation...

Post by designerdxb »

Band Score Required 7.5

Letter Topic:
You and your family are living in rented accommodation in an english speaking country. You are not satisfied with the condition of some of the furniture.
Write a letter to the landlord. In your letter
- introduce yourself
- explain what is wrong with the furniture
- say what action you would like the landlord to take

Letter
Dear John,

I trust you are doing well in you business. I am writing to you regarding the current furniture condition in this apartment, which I had rented five years before.

Kindly note, I am one of you tenant living in the lake view apartments from last five years. My contract number is JH8009 and apartment number is FP3 06 and I have rented a furnished apartment.

Actually, The current condition of the furniture is not too good. The bedroom set is now quite old. When I ley on it swings and couple of strange sounds disturb my sleep.
Dressing table drawers are almost expired. It’s quite difficult to open and close them.
Regarding the living room, sofas and tables are now not too bad but I think it’s time to change them as well.

As I have mentioned above, I have rented this apartment five years ago and it was a furnished apartment. According to my contract you are responsible to change the house holds if they get expired. Now I think it’s the time to change the house holds. I would recommend you take an immediate action on it. It would be great if you provide us the new furniture by the end of this week.

Your faithfully,
William wood
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Re: You and your family are living in rented accommodation..

Post by Flick »

designerdxb wrote:Band Score Required 7.5

Letter Topic:
You and your family are living in rented accommodation in an english speaking country. You are not satisfied with the condition of some of the furniture.
- introduce yourself

Letter
Dear John,

I trust you are doing well in you business. I am writing to you regarding the current condition of the furniture in this apartment, which I have rented for the past five years.

Kindly note, I am one of you tenant living in the lake view apartments from last five years. (<--Delete this sentence because you have already told him you have rented the apartment for 5 years.) My contract number is JH8009 and apartment number is FP3 06.

The current condition of the furniture is not too good. The bedroom set is now quite old. When I lay on the bed it sags and a couple of strange sounds disturb my sleep.
The dressing table drawers are almost unusable. It’s quite difficult to open and close them.
Regarding the living room, the sofas and tables are not too bad but I think it’s time to change them as well.

As I have mentioned above, I have rented this apartment for five years as a furnished apartment. According to my contract you are responsible for changing the household furnishings as they aged. I am requesting you take immediate action on this. It would be great if you could provide us with new furniture by the end of this week.

Your faithfully,
William Wood
designerdxb

Re: You and your family are living in rented accommodation..

Post by designerdxb »

Flick wrote:
designerdxb wrote:Band Score Required 7.5

Letter Topic:
- introduce yourself

Letter
Dear John,

I trust you are doing well in you business. I am writing to you regarding the current condition of the furniture in this apartment, which I have rented for the past five years.
Kindly note, I am one of you tenant living in the lake view apartments from last five years. (<--Delete this sentence because you have already told him you have rented the apartment for 5 years.) My contract number is JH8009 and apartment number is FP3 06.

The current condition of the furniture is not too good. The bedroom set is now quite old. When I lay on the bed it sags and a couple of strange sounds disturb my sleep.
The dressing table drawers are almost unusable. It’s quite difficult to open and close them.
Regarding the living room, the sofas and tables are not too bad but I think it’s time to change them as well.

As I have mentioned above, I have rented this apartment for five years as a furnished apartment. According to my contract you are responsible for changing the household furnishings as they aged. I am requesting you take immediate action on this. It would be great if you could provide us with new furniture by the end of this week.

Your faithfully,
William Wood
Thanks Flick for your help! Could you please recommend, which part I have to focus more to make my English better.
marlofurniture

Re: You and your family are living in rented accommodation...

Post by marlofurniture »

Buy Dining Room Furniture Sets by Signature Design by Ashley at Marlo Furniture in the Alexandria, VA, Forestville, Laurel, Rockville, MD, & DC area. Marlo Furniture have a wide range of dining room tables, pub tables, chairs, bars, bar stools, baker's racks, buffets, servers, china cabinets, and more.
DarkMorford

Re: You and your family are living in rented accommodation...

Post by DarkMorford »

Hi,
I am new here from Australia and soon going to appear in the test and trying to write letters. Purpose of my test is to apply for permanent residency, and I think the idea in the letter was good. Could I get a topic to write about the home or furniture?