Complaint letter - Aiming for 8 band

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
jaypatel

Complaint letter - Aiming for 8 band

Post by jaypatel »

You have heard that the local authority is planning to build a shopping mall in the centre of your town. You do not agree with this decision because there are already a lot of shops.
Write a letter to the planning department. In your letter.
- say why you are writing.
- give reasons for your objections.
- explain what you think would be a better alternative.

Dear sir/madam,

I am writing to express my concern with the decision taken by planning department to build shopping mall in the city center area. I think this is not a wise decision and department should rethink about their decision.

You may know that there are plenty of shops already in this area and which has created a lot of traffic and congestion on the roads. Any new commercial construction will not add any value to the area and in fact, will worsen this issue.

Instead of shopping mall, people need open space in the busy town where citizens can feel relax and get some fresh air. The nearest garden is 3km away from this area. Therefore, a park would be idea utilization of this space as it offers plenty activities for a range of people.

I believe that this matter deserves your urgent attention and look forward to have a positive outcome on this.

Yours faithfully,
Jay Patel