Children Given Lot of Homework - 29 Jan 2015

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
sahilchaudhary

Children Given Lot of Homework - 29 Jan 2015

Post by sahilchaudhary »

In many countries, children are given a lot of homework. Some people feel that if children are given less homework, then they will face less stress and can also develop extra skills. What is your opinion about this?

Students are the future of every country. Some say that pupils should be given a lot of home assignments, whereas others think that giving less homework will reduce stress on them and help to develop skills necessary for their life. In my opinion, giving fewer tasks to the pupils will provide them with more time to develop their hidden talent.

To begin with, less homework will leave an appropriate amount of time for the children to do activities that are of interest to them. It includes drawing, playing sports, painting and creating clay objects. It is only possible if students have to worry less about their home assignments. It will help the pupils to develop their talent, which in turn will help to create a better society. This is beneficial for their future and for the country. For instance, Einstein was sitting lonely when the apple fell from tree and he thought over this. This thinking led him to develop the law of gravity.

Whereas, some others believe that more homework should be given in educational institutions. This will force students to study and complete all assignments given to them. In this process, they will hone their skills in their favorite subjects. For instance, if a child has a keen interest in science, he will explore these subjects more and maybe become a doctor someday. The curriculum should be designed in such a way that it should help the pupils gain practical skills.

In conclusion, homework is necessary but overloading students with assignments will hamper the development of their skills. Giving limited homework and allowing students more time to explore themselves will help to make a better future for them.
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Re: Children Given Lot of Homework - 29 Jan 2015

Post by Flick »

sahilchaudhary wrote:In many countries, children are given a lot of homework. Some people feel that if children are given less homework, then they will face less stress and can also develop extra skills. What is your opinion about this?

Students are the future of every country. Some say that pupils should be given a lot of home assignments, whereas others think that giving less homework will reduce stress and help children to develop skills necessary for their life. In my opinion, giving fewer tasks to the pupils will provide them with more time to develop their hidden talents.

To begin with, less homework will leave an appropriate amount of time for the children to do activities that are of interest to them. This may include drawing, playing sports, painting and creating clay objects. These activities are only possible if students have to worry less about their home assignments. It will help the pupils to develop their talents, which in turn will help to create a better society. This is beneficial for their future and for the country. For instance, Newton was sitting lonely when the apple fell from tree and he thought about this. This thinking led him to develop the law of gravity.

However, others believe that more homework should be given in educational institutions. This will force students to study and complete all assignments given to them. In this process, they will hone their skills in their favorite subjects. For instance, if a child has a keen interest in science, he will explore this subject more and maybe become a doctor someday. The curriculum should be designed in such a way that it should help the pupils gain practical skills.

In conclusion, homework is necessary but overloading students with assignments will hamper the development of their skills. Giving limited homework and allowing students more time to explore themselves will help to make a better future for them.
kiaconchim

Post by kiaconchim »

Flick wrote:
sahilchaudhary wrote:In many countries, children are given a lot of homework. Some people feel that if children are given less homework, then they will face less stress and can also develop extra skills. What is your opinion about this?

Students are the future of every country. Some say that pupils should be given a lot of home assignments, whereas others think that giving less homework will reduce stress and help children to develop skills necessary for their life. In my opinion, giving fewer tasks to the pupils will provide them with more time to develop their hidden talents.

To begin with, less homework will save/spare an appropriate amount of time for the children to do activities that are of interest to them. This may include drawing, playing sports, painting and creating clay objects. These activities are only possible if students have to worry less about their home assignments. It will help the pupils to develop their talents, which in turn will help to create a better society. This is beneficial for their future and for the country. For instance, Newton was sitting lonely when the apple fell from tree and he thought about this. This thinking led him to develop the law of gravity.

However, others believe that more homework should be given in educational institutions. This will force students to study and complete all assignments given to them. In this process, they will hone their skills in their favorite subjects. For instance, if a child has a keen interest in science, he will explore this subject more and maybe become a doctor someday. The curriculum should be designed in such a way that it should help the pupils gain practical skills.

To be honest, based on my limited capability to comprehend your essay, I'd say you're supporting both opinions. I can't really see clearly that the advantages of giving less homework outweigh the drawbacks, as the way you argue makes me think that less and more homework both have equal benefits.

For this question, you can save the 2nd and 3rd paragraphs for supporting your ideas, the 4th for the counterargument (shorter than supporting ones, about 2 sentences), and the 5th for conclusion. That would make your main argument more outstanding.

One tip for the introduction: if the question mentions 1 opinion, like "Some people believe that hobbies need to be difficult to be enjoyable. To what extent do you agree or disagree?", you should spend 1 sentence to introduce the background of the issue, and then give out your own opinion (2 in total).
But if the question mentions 2 opposite opinions, you can say something like "People have different views on xxxx. In my opinion, I believe that xxxx" So still 2 in total. That's what I learn in Ryan's and Simone's model answers (former IELTS examiners). Of course it does not necessarily have to be 2 all the time, but it will save you the effort of trying to rewrite the whole question, especially the long ones like this one.
kiaconchim

Post by kiaconchim »

Flick wrote:

To begin with, less homework will save/spare an appropriate amount of time for the children to do activities that are of interest to them. This may include drawing, playing sports, painting and creating clay objects. These activities are only possible if students have to worry less about their home assignments. It will help the pupils to develop their talents, which in turn will help to create a better society. This is beneficial for their future and for the country. For instance, Newton was sitting lonely when the apple fell from tree and he thought about this. This thinking led him to develop the law of gravity.

To be honest, based on my limited capability to comprehend your essay, I'd say you're supporting both opinions. I can't really see clearly that the advantages of giving less homework outweigh the drawbacks, as the way you argue makes me think that less and more homework both have equal benefits.

For this question, you can save the 2nd and 3rd paragraphs for supporting your ideas, the 4th for the counterargument (shorter than supporting ones, about 2 sentences), and the 5th for conclusion. That would make your main arguments more outstanding.

One tip for the introduction: if the question mentions 1 opinion, like "Some people believe that hobbies need to be difficult to be enjoyable. To what extent do you agree or disagree?", you should spend 1 sentence to introduce the background of the issue, and then give out your own opinion (2 in total).
But if the question mentions 2 opposite opinions, you can say something like "People have different views on xxxx. In my opinion, I believe that xxxx" So still 2 in total. That's what I learn in Ryan's and Simone's model answers (former IELTS examiners). Of course it does not necessarily have to be 2 all the time, but it will save you the effort of trying to rewrite the whole question, especially the long ones like this one.