greetings from melbourne

This is the place to ask a question about the IELTS or raise an IELTS related topic for public discussion.
robdrake

greetings from melbourne

Post by robdrake »

greetings fellow earthlings,

i am a struggling ielts candidate that has been taking the exam for more than 5 times over the year.

my goal is to get band 7 across all modules. unfortunately, i always have a band that goes 6.5.

i don't think my english is that terrible at all. i believe it's my nerves, i always petrify in exam settings.

hopefully i can be an active contributor to the community by sharing my journey with you.

cheers

rob
Sol

Re: greetings from melbourne

Post by Sol »

Hi Rob,

I'm Sol from the Philippines. I will take the IELTS exam this year and hope to get at least an overall band score of 8 so that I can start processing my visa application and guess to where.. Australia. This is the first time I'm joining this community group and I'm hoping to learn a lot as well. Likewise, I would like to improve my vocabulary as well. Are you a native English speaker?
robdrake

Re: greetings from melbourne

Post by robdrake »

hello sol,

nice to meet you. it's nice to be in a place where we are all kindred souls as we share the same if not similar struggles.

i won't consider myself a native english speaker, as i mostly speak chinese amongst my friends and families, however being in australia for many years has really forced me to adapt and assimilate the english speaking environment.

PS: i was raised by philipino as a young child. so i am always fascinated by the people, culture and the country.

i hope all things will go smoothly with you.