Please check my writing

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
priyankabhatta

Please check my writing

Post by priyankabhatta »

A friend has agreed to look after your house and pet while you are on holiday.
Write a letter to your friend. In your letter
• give contact details for when you are away
• give instructions about how to care for your pet
• describe other household duties
Write at least 150 words.
You do NOT need to write any addresses.
Begin your letter as follows:

Dear Rupsha,
I hope you are well.Thank you for agreeing to house-sit for me,while I'm on my holiday.
Actually I'm writing to you to let you know some important information about my contact details.Here it is Pasi-ris street32,blocl109,Singapore 520109 and you can call me anytime.
Well my pet is quite naughty and cute,but she is very much picky eater,she doesn't like all the foods only like canned cat food.No worry dear I have already kept for her,fed her twice a day.
You know well my house is not a big in size,so it's not take much time to clean.Vaccuming everyday and watering my beautiful plants and for indoor plants just pour water one alternative day.I have store some finger foods and fruits for you.One of the most important thing Please don't forget to taking out the trash.
well that's all for now.take care of urself.see you soon.
Lots of love
Priyanka
plz check my writing :roll: as soon as possible
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Re: Please check my writing

Post by Flick »

priyankabhatta wrote:A friend has agreed to look after your house and pet while you are on holiday.
Write a letter to your friend. In your letter
• give contact details for when you are away
• give instructions about how to care for your pet
• describe other household duties
Write at least 150 words.
You do NOT need to write any addresses.
Begin your letter as follows:

Dear Rupsha,

I hope you are well. Thank you for agreeing to house-sit for me while I'm on my holiday.
Actually, I'm writing to you to let you know some important information. I will be staying at Pasi-ris street32, block109, Singapore 520109 and you can call me anytime.

My pet is quite naughty and cute, but she is a very picky eater. She only likes canned cat food. No worry dear I have already kept for her,fed her twice a day.(<--Reword to: "I have bought enough food for while I am away. Please feed her twice a day.")

You know my house is not big, so it doesn't take much time to clean. Vaccuming everyday and watering my beautiful plants and for indoor plants just pour water one alternative day. (<--Reword to: "Please vacuum and water my outdoor plants every day, and water my indoor plants every other day.") I have stored some finger foods and fruits for you. One of the most important things is to please remember to take out the trash.

well, that's all for now. Take care of yourself. See you soon.

Lots of love
Priyanka
Good job. Don't forget, there should be a space between a period and the start of the next sentence.
priyankabhatta

thanks Flick

Post by priyankabhatta »

Dear Flick,
Thank you so much for your valuable reply and correct my mistakes.
Thanks a lot,
Priyanka :D
priyankabhatta

Post by priyankabhatta »

You successfully passed a job interview. You are expected to start on November 15, but you will not be available on that date. Task: Write a letter to your new boss, explaining your situation, expressing your concern and suggesting a solution.

Dear Sir,
I am Priyanka Bhattacharjee,I had successfully cleared the job interview in your esteemed company and expecting joining date on 15th November 2014.I am sorry to say that,coincidentally my sister is getting married on that date.As a elder sister ,I need to attend the marriage ceremony and it is my duty to fulfill all the marriage formalities.It is an urgent event.
As I suppose to be joining on that particular date but due to this reason,I not able to join.Could you please postpone my joining date for one week later?
I will be highly grateful to you,if you kindly consider my above request.I am looking forward your mail.
Thanks
With Regards,
Priyanka Bhattacharjee.
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Post by Flick »

priyankabhatta wrote:You successfully passed a job interview. You are expected to start on November 15, but you will not be available on that date. Task: Write a letter to your new boss, explaining your situation, expressing your concern and suggesting a solution.

Dear Sir,

My name is Priyanka Bhattacharjee. I had successfully cleared the job interview in your esteemed company and expecting joining date on 15th November 2014.(<--Reword to: "I was recently accepted by your company and was expected to start work on November 15.") Coincidentally my sister is getting married on that date so, as an elder sister, I need to attend the marriage ceremony and it is my duty to fulfill all the marriage formalities. It is an urgent event.

As I suppose to be joining on that particular date but due to this reason,I not able to join.Could you please postpone my joining date for one week later?(<--Reword to: "I a writing to request a start date of one week later.")
I will be highly grateful to you if you kindly consider my request. I am looking forward your reply.

With Regards,
Priyanka Bhattacharjee.
Don't forget, there should be a space between the end of one sentence and the start of the next.
priyankabhatta

Thanks for correction

Post by priyankabhatta »

Hi Flick,

Thanks once again .Yes I must be follow your instructions.

Priyanka