Working and studying at home is it positive or negative?

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
eric

Working and studying at home is it positive or negative?

Post by eric »

Dear all
This is my writing please give me some advice.

Nowadays, there are more workers working from home and more students studying from home, due to the fact that that computer technology is more and more easily accessible and cheaper. Do you think it is a positive or negative trend?

It seems to be a common circumstance in the majority of countries where more and more people decide to study and work at home. However whether or not staying and home is positive or negative is still a matter of debate. In my point of view, the benefits outweigh the negative effects.

It is obvious that working and studying at home offers a variety of benefits to people’s lives. It is clearly that technology has changed the way of our lives especially how we communicate. Time consuming and convenience has become the first priority in the modern life. Workers can sign contracts and documents at home then email these to the workplace instead of going to the office which is more convenient and saving the time of travelling. There is another benefit associate with staying at home. The fact is that people nowadays use cars to travel from home to workplaces and schools 1-3 hours everyday. If more and more people decide to do things and home, it might reduce the amount of carbon dioxide we produced everyday on travelling and thus slow down the rate of global warming and air pollution. It is a potential benefit to the environment.

In the contrast, there are several arguments on the other side of the debate. Staying at home offers people a sense of relax and comfortable. Students who are young and less of self-discipline might not be able to concentrate on study for long which leads to low productivity and efficiency. In addition there are a large number of distractions at home such as housework, kids and door-to-door salesman, which can interrupt their work easily. Keep working in this situation is hard for them to distinguish the work and family, living an even more stressful life.

In conclusion, I would say that there are many beneficial effects of working and studying at home. However people should learn to manage their time wisely.

Thank you.
Johnson zhang

Re: Working and studying at home is it positive or negative?

Post by Johnson zhang »

Nowadays, there are more workers working from home and more students studying from home, due to the fact that that computer technology is more and more easily accessible and cheaper. Do you think it is a positive or negative trend?

In my point of view, the benefits outweigh the negative effects.
good, you stance is clear

It is obvious that working and studying at home offers a variety of benefits to people’s lives.

In the contrast, there are several arguments on the other side of the debate.
(are you discussing now? you should say the reason it is not entirely positive because .....I heard there is a penalty for candidates who confuse an opinion essay with a discussion.)

In conclusion, I would say that there are many beneficial effects of working and studying at home. However people should learn to manage their time wisely.

i like it.
Nothing is impossible! Band score 9 is certainly not.