Please help me evaluate my essay: Some people believe that v

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
nguyenquanghuy

Please help me evaluate my essay: Some people believe that v

Post by nguyenquanghuy »

Topic 6:
  • Some people believe that visitors to other countries should follow local customs and behavior. Others disagree and think that the host country should welcome cultural differences. Discuss both these views and give your own opinions.

The advent of new means of transportation such as high-speed trains and air planes has encouraged people to travel from one nation to another. This trend is ultimately resulting in new culture learning in one way or another.

On the one hand, some people have opined that travelers should follow the new culture of the country which they visit. This is a kind of adaption which can eliminate the distance between travelers and local people caused by dissimilar customs or behavior, reducing difficulty in communication among them. For example, a tourist knowing and obeying the culture of his/her destination can avoid conflicting in opinions with local people and exhibiting misbehavior.

Moreover, following the local culture enhances cultural awareness of people all over the world. When returning from the visiting country, visitors are likely to share the cultures that they know and obey during their trips with their friends and families in home countries. In a large scale, the practice propagates one’s culture to many other nations. It is especially beneficial to countries who would like to promote their tourism.

On the other hand, being open to new cultures of visitors is one crucial factor driving the development of a country. For instance, due to its policy of welcoming foreigners and their cultures, the United States has attracted a great deal of talented foreign workers who considerably contribute the improvement in many sectors of the country. This is the result of catholic thinking and great creativity made by the cultural variety.

In conclusion, by either obeying the local behavior and customs or keeping their own, travelers can bring benefits their visiting countries. Nonetheless, I am more inclined to the later because of the essential role of the cultural diversity in a country’s development.

Word Count: 292
nguyenquanghuy

Re: Please help me evaluate my essay: Some people believe th

Post by nguyenquanghuy »

I aim for band 7, so please help me assess whether my essay is worth to get it.

Thank you

Best regards,