Task 2- the power of advertisement

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
ieltsbeki

Task 2- the power of advertisement

Post by ieltsbeki »

Hi there!
Here is my first essay which I wrote in 35 minutes, I will be glad if you guys can give me any comments.
By the way, I took it from IELTS Cambridge 6, test 1.
IELTS task2.jpg
IELTS task2.jpg (28.85 KiB) Viewed 611 times
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today, we cannot imagine watching TV without regular interuptions of advertisements. As a main source of income for television operator companies, advertisement play significant role for other industries make profit by showing off their latest products. It is disagreed that the power of advertisement may not reflect increasing sales of products or services which are far from the real needs of the society by giving few clear evidences that will be outlined in the following paragraphs.
First of all, nowadays consumers do not tend to buy anything advertised on TV, rather they are fully aware of what they need. Advent of internet technologies let people to investigate deep research on products from social forums where previous customers of this particular product left feedbacks. Moreover, companies invest heavily on market research in order to learn potential markets and customers and predict the sales before going to product development since the global competition between companies on a single product is so fierce.
Another useful aspect of advertisement is that people are able to know what special features of advertising item possesses and sometimes complete guide for its utilisation.
To sum up, advertisement industry may boost other industries, yet consumer choice make sound first.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Johnson zhang

Re: Task 2- the power of advertisement

Post by Johnson zhang »

under 210 words. you will be heavily penalised....

paragraphs have to be clearer.

a few sentences are way too long.

I am not sure your essay response has fully addressed the question.
Nothing is impossible! Band score 9 is certainly not.