IELTS Task 1 for review [Line Graph]

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
ieltsbeki

IELTS Task 1 for review [Line Graph]

Post by ieltsbeki »

IELTS task1.jpg
IELTS task1.jpg (75.69 KiB) Viewed 341 times
It is from IELTS Cambridge 6, Test 1. Although I took the real test before, this is my first attempt to train myself for IELTS writing and it took me 25 minutes. To be honest. I put here what I wrote on the paper, so it might be a lot of basic errors. Anyways I will appreciate whoever gives me comments (corrections&feedbacks) on this.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The graph shows global water consumption by three main sectors between the years 1900 and 2000. It can be seen that the use of water increased dramatically, especially in agriculture and industry sectors, during this period.
In 1900, agriculture consumed the largest amount of water, at 500Km3 globally. This value further went up moderately by 1950, when it doubled. Since then it swelled, reaching to the high of 3,000Km3 at the end of the period. Similarly, during the first 50 year period the water for industrial and domestic use saw a growth, but with much slower pace than agricultural use, nearly reaching to 200Km3 for industrial use and to less than 100Km3 for domestic use in 1950. However, over the next 50 years worldwide water consumption by industries surged consistently - it almost increased 6 times in 2000. Domestic use of water, on the other hand, grew less dramatically, yet tripled at the end of the period.
Overall, according to the given data agriculture still overwhelmingly dominate in consumtion of global water.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By the way, I didn't include the TABLE below because I didn't understand how the columns are constructed.