General Task 2 Essay - Please provide feedback

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
nithinramesh

General Task 2 Essay - Please provide feedback

Post by nithinramesh »

The importance of academic subjects as compared to extracurricular activities is increasing every day. Some people suggest that sports classes should be sacrificed in high school so student can concentrate in academic subjects Do you agree or disagree?

Note: I need 7 for writing. Please suggest, how can I improve my essay.

For the past decade there were many initiatives to include new studies in the field of education. Nowadays apart from the academic subjects other extracurricular activities are also considered as the key to success and included in school curriculum. But some suggest that sports classes should never be included as a part of academic syllabus in high schools. I refute this idea because being part of a sports class will assist student’s to build up his ability to work as a team and to maintain their physical fitness.

Firstly, being part of a sports team in high school will boost a student’s ability to work as a team. Moreover, it will help to acquire leadership skills and to understand others feeling. For instance the vice-captain of Indian cricket team and the former caption of under 19 cricket team Virat kohli would have never accomplished this position if he has given importance to only the academic subjects in high school. So it is lucid that by including sports classes will be beneficial to a student.

Secondly, students will be able to maintain the physical fitness by participating in sports activities. For example, being part of a football or swimming team will help the student to maintain the body fitness and stamina. Hence, this strengthen the need to include sports with academic subjects.

To sum it up, by participating in sports activity in high schools will clearly benefit the student. So sports classes should never be taken out from the high school curriculum. The recommendation will be for the rest of the schools to adapt the same approach and give as importance as to other subjects.