WT2- Government should focus on public service than arts

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
Shreyas

WT2- Government should focus on public service than arts

Post by Shreyas »

With the modernization and development that has taken place in the recent decades, governments have a hard time allocating budgets and funds to various sectors. In my opinion, government should concentrate more on betterment of public sector, rather than investing heavily in arts.

There are various issues that need attention. Firstly, health care is one of the major concerns. Nowadays, the world is threatened by some of the most deadly diseases. For example, recently in Africa, many people lost their lives to the deadly ebola virus. Such matters need attention as pragmatic and perpetual solution is necessary. If the governments allot more money for the research of vaccines and medications, then major disasters can be prevented or controlled. Therefore, governments should act smart and invest in such fields, instead of allocating redundant funds to the field of arts.

Secondly, it is said that nearly 40% of the worlds population is deprived of basic primary education. Illiteracy is usually the precursor to unemployment, poverty, crime and other social problems. Hence, people should focus on providing basic educational facilities to the unprivileged. And finally, safety from domestic and international terrorism is a major issue which needs urgent solution. For instance, hundreds of people were killed and several injured during the attack on the world trade center in USA. Personally, I feel such destruction of life and property is preventable. Hence a strong security system is pretty much mandatory for all nations. Funding heavily in music, painting and similar fields should be avoided by the governments.

In conclusion. there are various impediments that are being confronted my many countries, which obstruct the growth and safety of the nation. So, in my opinion, government should wisely invest in necessary fields, rather than spendthrifting on arts.
Shreyas

Re: WT2- Government should focus on public service than arts

Post by Shreyas »

[quote="Shreyas"]With the modernization and development that has taken place in the recent decades, governments have a hard time allocating budgets and funds to various sectors. In my opinion, government should concentrate more on betterment of public sector, rather than investing heavily in arts.

There are various issues that need attention. Firstly, health care is one of the major concerns. Nowadays, the world is threatened by some of the most deadly diseases. For example, recently in Africa, many people lost their lives to the deadly ebola virus. Such matters need attention as pragmatic and perpetual solution is necessary. If the governments allot more money for the research of vaccines and medications, then major disasters can be prevented or controlled. Therefore, governments should act smart and invest in such fields, instead of allocating redundant funds to the field of arts.

Secondly, it is said that nearly 40% of the worlds population is deprived of basic primary education. Illiteracy is usually the precursor to unemployment, poverty, crime and other social problems. Hence, people should focus on providing basic educational facilities to the unprivileged. And finally, safety from domestic and international terrorism is a major issue which needs urgent solution. For instance, hundreds of people were killed and several injured during the attack on the world trade center in USA. Personally, I feel such destruction of life and property is preventable. Hence a strong security system is pretty much mandatory for all nations. Funding heavily in music, painting and similar fields should be avoided by the governments.

In conclusion. there are various impediments that are being confronted my many countries, which obstruct the growth and safety of the nation. So, in my opinion, government should wisely invest in necessary fields, rather than spendthrifting on arts.
[i need some honest feedback. i feel that i have made several mistakes in tenses, please suggest or correct/quote]
Shreyas

Re: WT2- Government should focus on public service than arts

Post by Shreyas »

The question ' Government should focus spending on public service than wasting in arts (music and arts)'. Do you agree or disagree.