Please give me suggestion and Band score if you can

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
Sukanta

Please give me suggestion and Band score if you can

Post by Sukanta »

Without capital punishment our lives are less secure and crimes of violence increase. Capital punishment is essential to control violence in society. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

The deliberation that whether or not people should die for their crimes is a controversial issue. There are strong logics provided by supporters of both the views. It always seems to be humiliating to force someone to die in spite of his previous offences. For certain reason, I have one's say that, the idea of sentencing someone to death is the violation of human right.
To start with, there are many reasonable causes that compel me to take such a position. The first is that, our worst fears are not from them who are behind the bars but from them who are still doing misdeeds and from those scoundrels who are getting their crimes sneaked through the visions of the law enforcement agencies. More precisely to say, a person who has already been suffered by confiscating his freedom and they have no power to terrorise the society with their vicious ambitions. So, it is pointless in penalising them to death.
Though some extremists advocate that penalising some prime delinquents with death would certainly exemplify that anti-social activities would be decreased in the society and the mass people can live peacefully. But, I take exception to the claim that, after knowing that they are surely going to be hanged, the perpetrators become desperate and repeatedly commit crimes again.

To recapitulate, my overall investigation into the matter has provided me with substantial reasons to still hold my ground and oppose against this human rights abuse. Admittedly, I dare not say that my belief is not lopsided and it will be palatable to all.
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Re: Please give me suggestion and Band score if you can

Post by Flick »

Sukanta wrote:Without capital punishment our lives are less secure and crimes of violence increase. Capital punishment is essential to control violence in society. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

Whether or not people should die for their crimes is a controversial issue. There are strong arguments presented by supporters of both views. It seems wrong to force someone to die in spite of his previous offences. For certain reasons, it is believed that the idea of sentencing someone to death is the violation of human rights.

To start with, there are many reasonable causes that compel me to take such a position. The first is that our worst fears are not from criminals who are in jail, but from those who are still committing crimes and avoiding law enforcement agencies. That is, someone who is already incarcerated has no power to terrorise society with their actions, so it is pointless to sentence them to death.
Some extremists advocate that executing some criminals would certainly ensure that anti-social activities would be decreased in society and the majority of people can live peacefully. However, I take exception to this claim because, if a perpetrator knows they are going to die, they are more likely to become desperate and commit more serious crimes.

To recapitulate, my overall investigation into the matter has provided me with substantial reasons to oppose against this human rights abuse. Admittedly, I dare not say that my belief is not lopsided and it will be palatable to all.(<--Reword to: "I believe this opinion is commonly held by the majority of people.")
Johnson zhang

Post by Johnson zhang »

good flick.

Let me borrow this essay question.

Without capital punishment our lives are less secure and crimes of violence increase. Capital punishment is essential to control violence in society. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

With the death penalty in place, some people feel less worried about brutal violence in their neighbourhood. As a result, to provide a maximum sense of security, some countries' constitutional law may allow capital punishment. Is it essential to have a death penalty in any society? It is argued in this essay that an introduction of the death penalty can extinguisher the intents of deadly and impulsive acts and violence.

Last edited by Johnson zhang on Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:45 am, edited 4 times in total.
Nothing is impossible! Band score 9 is certainly not.
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Post by Flick »

Johnson zhang wrote:good flick.

Let me borrow this essay question.

With the death penalty in place, some people feel that there is a lower threat of serious violence. As a result, to provide a maximum sense of security, some countries' constitutional law may allow capital punishment. Is it essential to have a death penalty in any society? It is argued in this essay that an introduction of the death penalty can reduce any society's deadly and violent crimes.

Sukanta

Post by Sukanta »

Thank you Flick :)