W2-INTERNET OVER BOOKS AS MAIN SOURCE OF INFO. PLS CHECK.:)

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
bench

W2-INTERNET OVER BOOKS AS MAIN SOURCE OF INFO. PLS CHECK.:)

Post by bench »

TOPIC: Will modern technology, such as the internet ever replace the book or the written word as the main source of information?

Nowadays, people are more reliant to modern technology, such as the internet for various purposes like school research and this poses a threat to written materials such as books. However, I do not believe that this advancement will be the principal reference of information than the books.

To start with, although there is an increase in the usage of modern technology in almost corner of the world for different reasons, not all individual has an access to the internet. There is an exemption to these advances especially in developing countries, those in rural areas in particular. Most of them still rely on written materials such as books, magazines, periodicals, and the like as their main reference for it is the only available sources in that area. Another reason is that, at school most teachers still prefer books over any other computer resources as their main source of teaching.

Moreover, because there is no concrete law in regulating the pieces of information being uploaded in the internet, most of them are unreliable, except those information from reputable websites. For instance, if you search for information through the internet, a bulk of search results pop out. Majority of these, do not have a concrete specification to its origin thus making it fraudulent. But if you use books, you are certain about the information as there is a proper documentation to all the data written on it.

In conclusion, it is no doubt true that internet has helped people in providing information but I believe that written materials like books will never be replaced by any kind of advancement as the main source of information.
(272 words)
Cobe125

Re: W2-INTERNET OVER BOOKS AS MAIN SOURCE OF INFO. PLS CHECK

Post by Cobe125 »

a bulk of search results pop out. Majority of these, do not have a concrete specification to its origin thus making it fraudulent. But if you use books, you are certain about the information as there is a proper documentation to all the data written on it.
Cut down your exam stress by using our latest my braindumps and high quality VMWARE and California Institute of Technology .
Shreyas

Post by Shreyas »

Great! Really good essay, especially the second supporting paragraph :)
Shreyas

Post by Shreyas »

but the first supporting paragraph needs few corrections i guess. Other than that its a great essay! :)
bench

Post by bench »

thanks shreyas for the feedback.. Hope I will get a good result on my upcoming IELTS test..
sowmya

Post by sowmya »

In the present era internet and books has become an important source of information in almost all the respected field.Internet is easy to access while as books are not as much as easy to access as internet.Both internet and book are main source of information.
Firstly, Internet is a main source of information as its easy to access and its affordable too.As there is many study saying that internet is more accessible.Now a days people rely more on internet than books.They consider it as main source because they can find the answer on google easily.People can find information from the website within a fraction of seconds and read and find the answer without spending much energy and effort.But few of the information might not be true as its more of public opinion than proof.But internet you have and find information typed ,videos and even documentry etc.
Secondly, Books are called as source of knowledge. Books are very important as it contain reliable information.For reader books does contain information but videos, pictorial information will be comparatively less.Reading books will improve your knowledge and even will improve your concentration.Intial days many of them had an habit of spending time in library and reading books as a good hobbies.
In a nut shell both internet and books are the best source of knowledge if we consider time component internet is the best option .But for the better knowledge books are the best source.According to my opinion i agree both as the best source of knowledge and it all depends what information you are searching for.If u want the information to learn in all the dimension internet is the best option.