WT2 - rejecting job offer. postive or negative?

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
bench

WT2 - rejecting job offer. postive or negative?

Post by bench »

Topic: Sometimes people are rejecting job opportunities due to their age or other circumstances. Is this a negative or a positive approach? Give your opinion and provide relevant examples.

Nowadays, although there is a tight competition in landing a job, there are considerable number of people who can still afford to decline a job offer due to several factors. In my opinion, this approach has both positive and negative impact.

There may be some job offers that appeared lucrative when you first received them, but it seems not to be the best possible avenue for your abilities. When I was a newly graduate from nursing school, a job offer came stating that I will be working in out-patient department/clinics. When I learned about the job assignment, I turned down the offer as this area does not meet the job description I am looking for. Declining a job at first is very risk taking as there is no guarantee for the next offer. But, once the opportunity comes that suits your desired goal, you will have the sense of professional fulfillment and see yourself efficient at work.

However, turning down a job offer can sometimes pose a negative impact. Most of the time, job seekers refuse to sign a contract as it is not suitable for them. This rejection may waste your time and put you to the situation that you are already financially unable. The worst scenario is that you can no longer support even your basic needs. Because you are already desperate of finding a job, you accepted an offer which is too far from the education or experience you had.

For the reasons mentioned above, I believe that rejecting a job offer pose more negative impacts than positive ones.
Shreyas

Re: WT2 - rejecting job offer. postive or negative?

Post by Shreyas »

The question states ' your opinion'. So, i guess this is a argument type essay and so you are expected to stick to one point ( Positive/Negative here) and support it. But you have discussed positive and negative effects here.
bench

Post by bench »

thanks for your comment.. but in my introduction I stated that there.is both positive and negative impact. so that means i should discuss both. or should i really stick to one point?
Shreyas

Post by Shreyas »

i think you should stick to one, as they are asking for your opinion . . correct me if i am wrong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tJzSvZbwOc watch this. . you will definitely find an answer :)
dr.awastk

Post by dr.awastk »

These days, choosing a job has become like a rocket science. Getting a job offer from some company or organization, people brings many considerations, like; salary, house and health allowances, life insurance policies and the age factor that, is this the right age to start or not? I assume, rejecting a job offer is not a good approach due to many reasons.
Firstly, its hard to find a suitable job.There are insufficient jobs, due to, not enough jobs vacancies and, in addition, more competitors for the same post. For instance, in Pakistan there are hundreds of applicants per one position and if you get job offer despite it then its not wise to decline the offer. For this reason we must review the decision as it will groom you as a personnel in limited available resources.
Secondly, jobs experience helps to flourish your professional skills.Without wasting any opportunity, a person must need to avail it, as it will help them to reach to their destination more earlier in the life and it will enhance their competencies level.For instance, in most part of the world there are jobs which require working experience and an age limit, if a person is having it then they would be the likely choice for that offer. so thats why, accepting job offer is much better than declining it.
To sum up all, in my opinion it is not a best approach to reject a job offer and we need to be more optimistic in such scenario. As i mentioned earlier, job experience gives you more exposure to make your professional skills more refine and it will give you an extra edge over those who dnt have it
dr.awastk

Post by dr.awastk »

comment on it please.