Writing task 2 sample essay - Please check :)

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
bench

Writing task 2 sample essay - Please check :)

Post by bench »

Some people believe that teaching children of different abilities together benefits all of them. Others believe that intelligent children should be taught separately and be given special treatment. Discuss both views and give your opinion.

People have different views about streaming intelligent children. While some people argued that they should be grouped separately, I believe that children with variety of talents should be group together for their maximum advantage. 34

On one hand, there are good arguments in streaming intelligent children. Firstly, they will be properly monitored, focusing on their forte. Teachers can plan suitable lessons and can work at the right speed for their students. In this way, children can maximize their time learning and covering all the essential lessons as possible. Secondly, feeling of inferiority can be avoided as they are at the same level of intelligence. As a result, they can study comfortably and at ease thereby maximum potential can be achieved. 85

On the other hand, I believe that grouping children of different talents together will reveal the best out of them. Mixed ability classes encourage everyone to achieve their optimum potential. This strategy force them to be competitive as they do not want to see their selves as less intelligent than others. For instance, exposing slow learners to fast learners might help them adapt to the environment of being advance. This will give a chance to prove themselves and may even discover their hidden talents. They can also learn other abilities aside from the ability they possess as they mingle with each other most of the time. A student who excels in math but is inferior in language, for instance, may ask guidance from a student who is superior in language. 130

In conclusion, I believe that mixing children with different abilities together will be of great advantage to all of them. 20
saqibali

Re: Writing task 2 sample essay - Please check :)

Post by saqibali »

I have some time free now.Add me on skype so I could help you build approach through live discussion
Limited free classes and unlimited best IELTS material at below link
https://www.facebook.com/pages/IELTS-No ... 3123916148