WT2-GLOBALIZATION.DISCUSS. please comment on my work. TIA :)

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
bench

WT2-GLOBALIZATION.DISCUSS. please comment on my work. TIA :)

Post by bench »

Topic:
Even though Globalization affects the world’s economy in a very positive way, its negative side should not be forgotten. Discuss.

It is no doubt true that Globalization has greatly influence the global economy as a whole. However, it has its own drawbacks.

The benefits of Globalization can be seen in various ways. Firstly, Because of increase in global competition as a result of Globalization, companies are forced to lower their prices which in turn benefit the end consumers. Secondly, there is a greater access to foreign cultures in the form of movies, music, food, clothes, and more. In short, the world has more choices. Lastly, Government are able to better work together towards a common goal now that there is an advantage in cooperation, an improved ability to interact and coordinate, and a global awareness of issues. For instance, an increase in media coverage draws the attention of the world to human right violations, this leads to improvement in human rights.

However, the drawbacks of Globalization must be examined as well. One downside is that it operates mostly in the interests of richest countries, which continues to dominate world trade at the expense of developing countries. There are no guarantees that the wealth from inward investments will benefit the local community because often, benefits are sent back to the investors where they are originally based. Moreover, Globalization is viewed as a threat to the world’s cultural diversity by drowning out local economies, tradition and languages. In Philippines, for example, a hollywood film is far more likely to be successful than one made locally.

In conclusion, Although Globalization positively affects the world’s economy, its drawbacks must also be considered.

(258 words)
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Re: WT2-GLOBALIZATION.DISCUSS. please comment on my work. TI

Post by Flick »

bench wrote:Topic:
Even though Globalization affects the world’s economy in a very positive way, its negative side should not be forgotten. Discuss.

It is no doubt true that globalization has greatly influenced the global economy as a whole. However, it has its own drawbacks.

The benefits of globalization can be seen in various ways. Firstly, because of an increase in global competition as a result of globalization, companies are forced to lower their prices which in turn benefits the end consumers. Secondly, there is a greater access to foreign cultures in the form of movies, music, food, clothes, and more. In short, the world has more choices. Lastly, governments are able to better work together towards a common goal now that there is an advantage in cooperation, an improved ability to interact and coordinate, and a global awareness of issues. For instance, an increase in media coverage draws the attention of the world to human right violations, and this leads to improvements in human rights.

However, the drawbacks of globalization must be examined as well. One downside is that it operates mostly in the interests of the richest countries, which continue to dominate world trade at the expense of developing countries. There are no guarantees that the wealth from inward investments will benefit the local community because often, benefits are sent back to the investors where they are originally based. Moreover, globalization is viewed as a threat to the world’s cultural diversity by drowning out local economies, traditions and languages. In the Philippines, for example, a Hollywood film is far more likely to be successful than one made locally.

In conclusion, although globalization positively affects the world’s economy, its drawbacks must also be considered.

(258 words)
bench

Re: WT2-GLOBALIZATION.DISCUSS. please comment on my work. TI

Post by bench »

thanks.. how do you find my essay? you think i will get a 7 with this?